Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Having the itch for a new desk

I'm thinking about getting a new desk for the bedroom.

Either the Nelson Swag Leg Desk or Eames EDU.

The Nelson Swag Leg Desk.
Designed by famous George Nelson in 1958, it is a design icon.
It retails for $2150. I have the chair pictured below, an Eames SoftPad Management chair.




The Eames Desk Unit (EDU). 
Designed by Ray and Charles Eames in 1952. Retails for $1400.






Both are design classics and both are manufactured by Herman Miller.
Decisions.

I can probably get an EDU for arounf $900 if I look around on Craigslist. The Swag Desk is harder to come by and discounts are rare.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, I enjoy your blog as we have very similar tastes and I'm based in Silicon Valley. :) I definitely recommend the GN Swag Desk. I upgraded from a beloved vintage AoM walnut desk that was often believed to be a George Nelson design. I bought the Swag late last year and reduced the 27" iMac to a MacBook Pro. Added a 40 yr old Chronopak clock, mini red Eames elephant and other valued ornaments. It's so satisfying to reduce to key pieces and this iconic desk is an absolute pleasure. I have seen used ones on Craigslist for $1400. Or simply wait until this June for 15% off. It is absolutely worth it and a lovely addition to my other Eames and Broyhill Brasilia pieces in my apartment. Good luck! - Kimberley :)

    ReplyDelete